Thursday, August 30, 2012

Entering Homemades Head-First

     I am planning a homemade rifle that in hindsight seems quite ambitious for someone who isn't even good at modding. I've done some research recently which, in addition to my standing knowledge of construction and engineering, has given me a rough idea of how to go about building my rifle. Chances are this is going to take several months and I will not be working alone, mainly due to college struggles. Then again who does anything completely by themselves these days?

     I am primarily shaping my rifle concept on the basis of the Gustloff Volkssturmgewehr, with design influences from the Sten Mk. III and the L2A3 Sterling. For the action, I'm stuck deciding between a conventional plunger action and a more elaborate pistol-type action. It will be fed from a detachable box magazine, just like the three weapons I'm drawing from. Construction will be mostly plastics, but I'm considering using an aluminum or brass barrel, and there's a small chance it will have wooden furniture. More details in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment